Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Post!!

Hi! My name is Melissa and I love nail polish. I have ever since I was a little girl. Mom would take me and my brother to the store and ask what we wanted as a treat. My brother would want a new action figure or matchbox car and I would run to the cosmetics aisle. Never a bigger smile on my face then when I had the new bottle in my hand. Now in my 20s, I still use nail polish as my treat to myself on payday. That or books, my other love. That was until recently.

Over the summer though my obsession with polish has grown. I no longer am purchasing one bottle on payday but sometimes several and not just paydays. More like every Friday I treat myself to something new. In the recent months my polish collection has quadrupled in size. And I think the reason for that is all these wonderful blogs about polish that I have been reading. I love discovering each day what the new colors out are, what are some great brands I haven't tried, and techniques that I didn't think were possible to do at home.

After being a reader for a few months, I decided that I wanted to share my love of polish with the world. So ta-da! My new blog!! I plan on sharing what I have been buying polish wise, what I think of them, and any useful tips I have picked up on. Also, a little of my everyday life.

My current collection stands at 148. The majority of my collection consists of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. They have a great variety of colors and have good coverage, meaning that you don’t need that many coats. Plus they are a great value at roughly $3 a bottle, which I love because I change my polish nearly everyday. And they are excellent for water marbling, my technique of the moment.

So now some pictures...

First up naked nails taken a few weeks ago. I have since lost the length of my right ring finger. Stupid cat food container! 


This is my left hand

Left hand again...

My right hand... so sad about my ring finger looking at this...

Right hand again... so sad :(

And because you should see it... my sadness...

Now for some happy pictures! My recent "Lion King" water marble. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wears in Cherry Red, Mellow Yellow, and Sun Kissed. My favorite nails were my thumbs, although I did have a bit of a smudge on my right thumb. The pictures were taken with three days wear and right after my break. At least my right ring finger went out looking pretty! :)

Left hand

Right hand with fresh break

Right thumb

Left thumb


I am so excited to share my love of polish and all the beautiful things that go with it!




No comments:

Post a Comment