Monday, September 26, 2011

Revlon Blue Mosaic

I picked up this beauty at the same time I got Facets of Fuchsia. All the sparkly in the bottle caught my attention and I knew I needed to bring it home with me!

Just look at the pretty...


*sorry that the pics are a bit blurry, I'm new to taking pics of my polish*

This polish is a clear base with a sorta teal blue mircoglitter and hex glitter in light blue, silver and green. It went on smoothly for the most part but some of the hex glitters didn't want to sit right on the nail. This is 3 coats of polish. It probably could have used a forth cause I can still see some bald spots. Next time I think i will layer it over another color to give it more of an opaque look. It also was a top coat monster! I use Seche Vite and normally that does the trick in one coat. Well this is 2 coats and it probably should have been a third to get it completely smooth. As you can see from the pictures clean up around the cuticles was rough to do as well. I haven't taken this one off yet (I might matte-ify it tomorrow) but I know it is going to be a witch to get off. Probably with take my silk patches with it. :(

With all of that being said, I do love this polish. Its so sparkly and yummy. I kept staring at it at work when I was supposed to be typing.

Just as a side note, the majority of polishes that I will feature will be drugstore brands. Most of that is due to availability in my area (rural Maine) and my frugalness. I have a hard time spending more the $3 on a bottle of polish. Not to say that I won't break down and buy some of the great brands I have discovered lately like Zoya and Cult Nails.

Hope your Monday wasn't manic!

No comments:

Post a Comment